What you need to know things to consider while choosing a towel warmer.
First of all, consider the material it is made of. There are several options:
- Stainless steel – the least whimsy out of all, good at withstanding sharp changes of temperature, durable in the aggressive hot-water supply medium and rust-resistant. Stainless steel can be produced by different brands, with varying alloy content and characteristics. For towel warmers, It is preferable to use the stainless steel AISI 304L.
- Steel AISI 304L is irreplaceable when it is necessary to perform welding requiring a high resistance to intercrystallinecorrosion.
- Black metal – such towel warmers can withstand the pressure in the individual heating system. They will also function well in the central system, provided the pressure is low. As compared with stainless steel, their thermal output characteristics are lower. Besides, this material is prone to corrosion, which can lead to leaks.
- Copper – towel warmers made out of this metal are considered among the best for connecting to the water loop. They are resistant to high pressure inside the system and hydraulic strokes, they have anti-corrosive characteristics and provide a great look in the general interior. Copper towel warmers are all-purpose, light-weight and have high thermal output characteristics, but they are pricey.
- Brass – provides the same advantages as pure copper except the main one – it does not withstand high pressure in the pipes. Brass towel warmers are best when connected to individual heating system.
There are several ways to connect a towel warmer:
- Lateral connection. The easiest way to connect a hydronic П- and M- shaped towel warmer and ladder-shaped constructions up to 60 cm in height.
- Lower connection. This method is used for larger towel warmers and complex construction types.
- Electric towel warmers can function independently like a regular heater. Such equipment is usually used in dwellings where hot water access is difficult or impossible. The advantage of these models is that they can be installed onto any wall of the bathroom or any other room
The shape of the towel warmer affects its functionality:
- The so-called “coil pipe” items can be of M-, П- and Ш-shapes. The main boon of these pieces is being compact. Due to their small size, their thermal efficiency is rather low. They will function well in small-sized bathrooms.
- Ladder-shaped pieces are the most popular. Depending on the size, they have good thermal output characteristics; they often come with a shelf - which is convenient to put a towel on - and can have a lateral and/or lower connection. The ladder-shaped models are diverse, as this shape makes it possible to experiment with different profiles and combine them in different ways.
- “Foxtrot” is a functional combination of coil-pipe and ladder shapes. Small in size, foxtrot pieces have cross-bars which are convenient for hanging things out to dry. They also have higher thermal efficiency as compared to coil-pipe pieces. They are connected laterally.